Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Cannot Wait To Show You


Today was a historic day for David and me. We had our first official tour of Dayspring Family Resource Center. This is the new foster family home that will soon be in operation. (http://www.dayspringfamilycenter.blogspot.com/). I hope to have a "virtual tour" up over the weekend. We are so excited. We are astounded at the size of the new home and its incredible potential for permanency for children.
On another note, we began a busy time here with teaching, making plans, visiting friends and meeting new ones and participating in a Russian class at the University. I have been working on the language for a long time by myself and it is so fun to be in a class, talking, listening and growing.  I feel much more confident to carry on a conversation.  Natalia (our translator) told me today that she doesn't have to translate "my Russian" anymore for another Russian speaker to understand. That's fun!
Amidst this new busyness, this week has been a small challenge for David as he became quite ill on Tuesday and is making a slow recovery.  He always bounces back quickly and we are already making plans for a Saturday visit to the capital with friends via the marshuka.
Please check back over the weekend for the "virtual tour" of Dayspring!

No comments: